Rua da Piedade Nº4
Sítio das Casas Próximas
P9225-050 Porto da Cruz – Madeira
(1) Making a reservation: After we receive your booking request we shall contact you in less than 24 hours. We will provide all the info you may need and ask you for a deposit payment (20 % of the total value).
a) Groups: Check in is after 14:00 h, check out is before 12:00 h. A deposit of 300 EUR is required on arrival, this will be returned providing no damage has been caused. The booking payment should be made one month before arrival. The total payment should be made at least one week before arrival.
b) Animals and pets: dogs or other pets are allowed only in private accommodation. Client must have pets on a leash inside the Madeira Surf Camp property. Clients are responsible for cleaning or any damage that their pets might cause.
(2) Confirmation: After payment of the deposit you will receive a confirmation email and further instructions. We only guarantee your place after you pay the deposit.
(3) If you wish to change your booking after it has been confirmed e.g. guest names, date changes, etc, you must cancel your booking and re-book through the Madeira Surf Camp website. We will try to assist but cannot guarantee to meet such requests. Cancellation charges may apply.
After confirmation is made (as explained above) we will accept the cancellation under the following terms:
a) Until one month prior to arrival we will refund the total of the deposit.
b) Until two weeks prior to arrival we will charge 50 % of the deposit.
c) Until one week prior to arrival we will not make any refund. The client will have a credit at Madeira Surf Camp to use for one year.
d) Upon arrival and during your stay we will not make any refund except in the case of serious illness or injury.
Madeira Surf Camp offers free transfer to those who book one week stays or more. Under one week, Madeira Surf Camp will charge 20 euros per person per transfer. In the case that you have booked the transfer from Madeira airport to Madeira Surf Camp(MSC):
a) The transfer must be booked 24 hours in advanced and confirmed by Madeira Surf Camp through email.
b) The cancellation of the transfer must be done until 24 hours before arrival. If otherwise we will not refund transfer money.
c) MSC driver will wait for you at the arrival hall of the Lisbon airport in the area reserved for the travel representatives,
d) The clients are required to show the confirmation of the reservation to the MSC driver,
e) The transfer can be refused by driver in the case of drunkenness, intoxication or aggressive behaviour of the clients. If so, Madeira Surf Camp has the right to charge 100% of the transfer price.
f) The client is required to provide the telephone number contactable in Portugal. In the case of delay caused by the traffic, weather conditions or any other factors which could not be influenced by Madeira Surf Camp, Madeira Surf Camp does not take any responsibility. Madeira Surf Camp does not refund any alternative transfer taken by clients (namely taxi or bus).
Check-In is after 14:00 and Check-Out is until 12:00 (if you stay after 12:00 you will be charged an extra day). Beside the hours mentioned above, Check-In is possible at anytime if the client provides the date and hour of the arrival. Pay your bill two days before departure. We DO NOT accept credit cards, cash only. Besides the main services like booking surf classes or surf rental, at the surf camp you may:
– Get a map of the waves spots;
– Use the internet;
– Check the daily weather forecast and the tide chart;
– Order a custom made BLIND Surfboard;
– Obtain the Wi-Fi password;
– All local information and activities;
MSC is not responsible for any robbery or theft that occurs in or from its property. MSC recommends you to put your personal belongings in your suitcase. MSC do not take any responsibility of the client’s personal belongings during their stay, wherever they are placed. The Client is fully responsible for his or her personal belongings. Inform the Manager if any damage to the structure or objects of the Madeira Surf Camp. Do not damage any structure or object of the Madeira surf camp.
For those in Shared Accommodation:
– Clean your dishes, etc after use;
– You may also use the external toilets;
– Do not throw toilet paper in the toilet (as it clogs up the drains really easy) please place in the bin provided there for that purpose;
– No noise after 23:00 hours;
– Respect your roommates; – Always return your room/ house key;
– Lock your room.
For those in Private accommodation:
– If you run out of hot water please inform the Manager. We will change the gas bottle;
– Respect your neighbours. You are not alone;
– You should clean the room before you leave otherwise you may be charged extra for cleaning services.
– Always lock your house.
We request a deposit of 10 eur per accommodation key given during check in, that we will return when you check out provided the client returns the accommodation key given to them upon arrival.
Surf classes policy
Respect the schedules of the classes. MSC does not provide any exceptions to the regular surf class schedule. If you book more than one day of surf classes you are expected to have classes the next day on each day from the initial start date. After starting classes if you decide not to have a class the next day, you must inform the Manager 24 hours in advance. If you are expected for surf classes and you do not show up, MSC will make no refund. Every booking of the surf classes is personalized. MSC has no relation with any substitute or sub contracted companies. Clients are strictly required to follow the instructions of their teacher. Always keep the safety rules. In the case of injury inform your teacher without any delay.
If you are taking Surf classes:
– Be sure you signed in for the surf insurance;
– Be on time for the surf classes;
– Besides your personal belongings, bring your beach towel, pocket money or food to eat between surf sessions;
– The surf equipment is only included for the surf classes. You must rent it if you want to use it after the classes or at the weekend;
– You are responsible for your surf equipment. It should always be cleaned;
– At night bring all your surfing equipment into the house;
– Wash your wetsuit in the shower located outside;
– Save water and energy. Turn off lights and water taps;
– Leave the sand at the beach
Surf rental policy
All rental equipment is checked by MSC staff to insure proper working conditions. Be aware that you are personally and financially responsible for the rented material during the whole rental period (from the moment of Pick up until Return of the items).
– Passport required;
– Rental hours: Winter from 8.30 h to 20:30. Summer from 8:00 to 22 h;
– The client must return all the equipment;
– The material must be delivered everyday in good condition: wetsuit and surfboard washed and clean;
Surfcamp: 966205341 Helder(Manager)